Tuesday, March 11, 2008

a blouse-y top



I've managed to do some sewing at last. At this stage it is a matter of not getting precious over my stash of Liberty fabric. No point in wasting fabric or time waiting for the 'perfect' project. Here I have used Liberty Christelle along the neckline and Liberty Jean B, all available from here. I really like the mix of fabrics, and the vintage buttons look very cute. This is a great style to wear tucked into skirts as it has a nice amount of volume. I'm going to make another one or two of these in different fabrics, and I suspect that I will probably do a bit of altering to the pattern (hey! I am a patternmaker afterall!)

And in case you're wondering, I used McCalls pattern M5538, which is easy to find as it has a Rachel Bilson lookalike on the cover.

No comments: