Friday, August 31, 2007
5. Those ferry trips. My dad loves the Sydney ferries, so on Sunday, we're off to Manly.
4. Priscilla. I'm going to see the last Sydney performance of the Priscilla queen of the Desert musical. I am expecting high camp. It's supposed to be really good.
3. Shopping. Duh, this will make my trip more exciting!
2. Sportsgirl. We don't have Sportsgirl in NZ, and for some reason it makes chain store shopping all the better when I'm in Aussie. I have brought a very good and very much beloved jacket there.
1. Getting away from it all. Rest and relaxation. Yay!
See you when I return.
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
At last my blanket is coming together after an excessive amount of knitting... of course it is 'not quite done' (meaning there is alot more knitting to come..) and I've come to realise that I will need to back it with a woven fabric after I've finished the knitting bit, or else it will stretch into eternity....
But all in all, homespun goodness it is!
On my doorstep not too long ago, this parcel turned up! My Back2School Swap has arrived all the way from over here. Thats right, the States! I really love the flower/cloud buttons (some look a little like clouds) and can't decide whether to use them for myself or for auntie dresses. My puppy-mad niece will adore the dog paper cutter, no less! Thanks!
I got a slight attack of the guilts as my parcel for my swap partner wasn't in the post yet- I had done the very clever thing of turning up to the post office with no address book. Ooops.
And last but not least, a bit missing from my last post- a big thank- you to those who commented on the Etsy dilemma- I'm still thinking about it... but would have to clear my craft backlog before I do anything else!
Monday, August 20, 2007
Sunday, August 12, 2007
What do you think???
Friday, August 10, 2007
I like to draw, and the trouble is that often I just don't know when to stop adding details, especially on little sketches like this one. There is a very fine line between a good sketch and a bad one. This is a development sketch for my jewellery work, but I'm off on a new tangent now...
Monday, August 6, 2007
This Friday 10 August, they play supporting Magnolia Electric Co. at the Kings Arms, Auckland at 8pm.
Next Tuesday 14 August, they play supporting Jose Gonzalez (he's the guy who did the song that went on the Sony ad with all the bouncy balls tumbling down the streets of San Francisco. You know the one.) at the Hopetoun Alpha, Auckland at 8pm.
Friday, August 3, 2007
Have a great weekend!