Friday, December 29, 2006

Happy Birthday Georgie!

My niece Georgie is 2 today (the youngest one of them all). And the only one (as far as I know) to ask for an encore of the 'Happy Birthday' song from my mother....

A week of holiday has done me good, I feel less tiiiired, and a good amount of sunny Napier does you no harm. I have brought a mad mad 60s gold lurex dress from an antiques shop and have spotted a charming (is there a better word) cat brooch (broach??????).
I have also developed a slightly unhealthy obsession with an embroidery (also for a niece of mine) that has been a side project for the last few years. I started it when I was a student- I was in a flat where, somewhat bizarely, for a while, all the girls were into embroidery. I took it up as it was good and inexpensive way to fill up time. Now that I have spent a bit of quality time on it, after a yearlong hiatus- completing the smiling cat (non- Cheshire) and working on the clouds- I suspect that this will be a summer side project- after all, when you get started on a creative project of any description it can very quickly snowball into something bigger. If I am more motivated I will post a picture of the NeverEnding Embroidery...

No comments: