Sunday, December 31, 2006

eeeeek! its an update!!!!

In the funny way of trying to keep this blog alive despite the slow crawl speed of the dial- up internet at my parents- and the lack of my favourites list, I have had to do a bit of search for my favourite blogs, which is slightly weird, like along the lines of not remembering phone numbers because they are stored in your cellphone.

I have been doing some work on an illustration in freehand the last day or so- it is being traced from a drawing that I did late last year (2005 that is) and has been lingering around just asking to be a bit dressed up and put into my portfolio. I even have a spot for it- right at the very end, saying 'goodbye'- is that even a good thing to put in a portfolio, because generally, when you present your portfolio at an interview you would want to be called back. Either way it has been something that I have been meaning to do for a while, and if I'm motivated enough, I will post it (also difficult because of parental computers...).

I named this blog 'auntie' because I have been an auntie since I was six- in my sister's family there is only one name for me- Auntie! I have 2 nephews and 2 nieces- within the broad age ranges of 16 to 2. So being an auntie is a really nice side of my life. I was given a lovely book called 'The Complete Book of Aunts' by Rupert Christiansen as a Christmas present from my workmate. I particlulary liked the chapter on eccentric and exotic aunts. I think that a good dash of eccentricity is kind of important if you want to be any kind of mad aunt...

No comments: